is a modified-live PRRS vaccine that is proven safe in pigs as well as gilts and sows at any stage of production in PRRS positive herds. It provides cross protection against heterologous challenge; (including Lelystad virus) and has shown to significantly reduce reproductive failure and respiratory disease due to PRRS virus. 1,2
- Trusted and field proven
- Cost effective
- Unique in its ability to be used in pigs (3 weeks or older), gilts, and sows at ANY stage of production
- Ingelvac PRRS® MLV utilizes the same intramuscular (IM) dose size (2 mL) for pigs, adult breeding-age or pregnant females.
- Pigs, gilts and sows: Ingelvac PRRS® MLV is recommended for use in healthy susceptible swine in PRRS virus-positive herds according to label direction. Using aseptic technique, administer a single 2 mL dose intramuscularly (IM) for the respiratory and reproductive form of the disease. The duration of immunity is throughout the finishing or gestation period, or at least 4 months post vaccination.
- The vaccine can be used at any stage of production. Revaccination of the whole herd can occur every 3-4 months or as directed by your veterinarian.
Top Reasons to Use Ingelvac PRRS® MLV
- Demostrated cross protection Ingelvac PRRS® MLV has demonstrated cross-protection against the most current strains of PRRSv and continues to be evaluated in order to provide you with the most up-to-date information.4
- Most extensive PRRS vaccine line Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc. offers the widest range of PRRS vaccines available, both single antigen and in combination, in a variety of dosage sizes to best meet the needs of your protocol and operation.
- Use at any stage of production Ingelvac PRRS® is the leader in whole herd protection. Proven safe and efficacious in pigs, gilts, and sows.5
- Field research on viral shedding In a study, Ingelvac PRRS® MLV–vaccinated pigs had a significant reduction in aerosol shedding of wild-type PRRSv compared to non-vaccinated pigs.6
- Controlling PRRS helps achieve healthy pig performance Pigs challenged with PRRSv have worse average daily gains and higher mortality rates with estimated profit loss of $4.32 per pig.7 Choose with confidence — Ingelvac PRRS® MLV aids in the prevention of respiratory disease associated with PRRSv.
1. Data on file, Study Report No. ID-DLO 109 1994 09.
2. Data on file, Study Report No. 623-850-95P-031
3. Holtkamp, D. 2012. PRRS virus control or elimination-How to assess which is right for individual breeding herds. 53rd Annual George A. Young Swine Health and Management Conference. P5-p15
4. Patterson A, Victoria J, Jordan D, et al. Modified-live PRRSv vaccination is efficacious following challenge with eight genetically diverse PRRSv isolates. Leman Conference, 2013.
5. Do not use in breeding-age boars.
6. Dee S, Nerem J, Wetzell T, et al. 2014. Reduction of wild-type PRRS virus shedding in aerosol of growing pigs by modified-live virus vaccination at weaning.Proceedings – American Association of Swine Veterinarians Annual Meeting, 461–462.
7. Holtkcamp D, et al. 2013. Assessment of the economic impact of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus on United States pork producers. J Swine Health Prod 21:72–84.